With the Safe Chemicals Act just introduced in Congress, we thought it would be a good time to host a Twitter party on the topic of toxic chemicals! What’s a Twitter party, you ask? It’s basically a fast-paced, lively chat forum for educating and sharing ideas – all in 140 characters or less! At our Twitter party we will bring expert panelists together to answer your questions about toxic chemicals, show you how to protect your family and let you know why passage of the Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 is so critically important.
Here are the details – hope you can join us!
Date: Thursday, May 12th, 2011
Time: 9-10 PM Eastern/6-7 PM Pacific
Topic: Protecting Our Families from Toxic Chemicals
Key Questions Covered:
- Why should we be concerned about chemicals in products we use every day?
- What are the worst chemicals to avoid in products?
- What can we do to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals?
- How will the Safe Chemicals Act protect us?
- Lindsay Dahl – Deputy Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families - @Lindsay_SCHF
- Margie Kelly – Communications Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families - @SaferChemicals
- Micaela Preston – Writer, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families - @MindfulMomma
- Janelle Sorensen – Healthy Child - @Healthy_Child
- Dr. Alan Greene – Pediatrician and Author - @DrGreene
- Sarah Janssen – Senior Scientist, NRDC - @SarahJNRDC
- Claire Moshenberg – Moms Rising - @MomsRising
- Jennifer Taggart – The Smart Mama - @thesmartmama
- Katy Farber – Non-Toxic Kids - @Non_Toxic_Kids
- Alexandra Zissu – Author and green living expert - @alexandrazissu
- Sommer Poquette – Green & Clean Mom - @greenmom
- Kathy Scoleri – SafeMama - @safemama
- Deanna Duke – Crunchy Chicken - @crunchychicken
- Lori Alper – Groovy Green Livin - @groovygreenlivi
- Donielle Baker – Natural Living Moms - @donielle
- Jeanne Blaisdell – The Green Samaritan - @greensamaritan
- Tracy Himes – Verde Mom - @verdemom
How to join the party:
- Follow @SaferChemicals and our expert panelists on Twitter.
- Use the hashtag #saferchemicals on all of your tweets.
- Consider using Tweet Grid to make it easier to follow the conversation. Just click through to our unique Tweet Grid link, sign in using the LOGIN link and enter your own twitter handle at the top of the far right column. Then enter your message in the Tweet box and hit enter or click Tweet! The #saferchemicals hashtag will be automatically entered to each of your messages.
- RSVP with your Twitter handle in the comments below to let us know you will be participating. We’re giving away some wonderful prizes donated by our coalition partners including a year of free product from Organic Valley as well as great prizes from Seventh Generation, Ely Organics and more! (You must have a U.S. shipping address to win.)
Not on Twitter? No problem. We’re having a Facebook chat on the same day! Just visit our Facebook page anytime after 3 PM Eastern/12 PM Pacific time on Thursday, May 12th and get in on the conversation. And don’t forget – you can also help support the cause by asking your Senator to co-sponsor the Safe Chemicals Act.
Together we can make toxic chemical reform a reality!
I don't think I understand how to do this lol. I asked questions and tried to reply but no one acknowledged me!Posted by: Autumn | May 12, 2011 6:34:33 PM
That's what Iget for just joining today!
RSVPING AND ALREADY COMMENTED ON TWITTER :)Posted by: SUZAN | May 12, 2011 6:13:12 PM
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A PROMISING PARTY!
@DonutsMamaPosted by: Rach | May 12, 2011 6:08:55 PM
Just saw this and am definitely coming!Posted by: Rach | May 12, 2011 6:08:31 PM
thanks for a great party!Posted by: Wendy @ ABCGP | May 12, 2011 6:04:39 PM
@mosquintsPosted by: Leslie W | May 12, 2011 5:59:08 PM
rsvp! @elivyaPosted by: elivya | May 12, 2011 5:53:13 PM
@beeacutie2Posted by: Amanda Odair @beeacutie2 | May 12, 2011 5:52:26 PM
SO excited for tonight!Posted by: @klwschmidt | May 12, 2011 5:42:28 PM
RSVPing! @MsChronicBadassPosted by: Candice | May 12, 2011 5:33:11 PM
RSVP @mandalynns78Posted by: Amanda | May 12, 2011 3:30:35 PM
I'll be there!! @lovinmomma8 RSVP :)Posted by: @lovinmomma8 | May 12, 2011 3:12:26 PM
RSVP @dallassinglemomPosted by: Heather Buen - Dallas Single Mom Examiner | May 12, 2011 3:11:46 PM
@ashtonzmommi will be there!Posted by: Ashley Ruzin | May 12, 2011 3:05:31 PM
RSVP @peshismsPosted by: Lauren | May 12, 2011 2:31:03 PM
I joined twitter just to participate. (so I hope I do it right!)Posted by: Autumn | May 12, 2011 1:56:27 PM
RSVP @born2boopPosted by: Betty N | May 12, 2011 1:53:46 PM
Looking forward to chatting on a great topic!
rsvping @WendyNoel72Posted by: Wendy | May 12, 2011 1:39:23 PM
I can't think of better subject for my first Twitter Party!Posted by: Verde Mom | May 12, 2011 12:30:49 PM
I am planning on it and look forward to it!Posted by: Kim Pollock | May 12, 2011 12:09:19 PM
Hrm. Well, it's been an hour or two, so I'll try again. :) My RSVP doesn't seem to want to show up.
@otterfaePosted by: fae | May 12, 2011 12:06:12 PM
@ChunkyMonkeyMDPosted by: Monica | May 12, 2011 11:25:05 AM
rsvp for party this is such an important topic i can't miss this partyPosted by: @screenmytweet | May 12, 2011 10:06:26 AM
Hoping to be there! We're in the pool business and I worry about my hubby being around all those chemicals. @breaduhPosted by: Bretta (@breaduh) | May 12, 2011 10:03:18 AM
@UnKatchable73Posted by: Kathy K | May 12, 2011 9:53:10 AM
@TheFoodFighterPosted by: Crystal | May 12, 2011 9:39:16 AM
@kcchroniclesPosted by: KitchenCounterChronicles | May 12, 2011 8:45:20 AM
I’ll be there!!! Thank you!Posted by: Jen276here | May 12, 2011 6:31:22 AM
@HealthyLegacyPosted by: Katie RJ | May 12, 2011 5:40:47 AM
@whatisfragrancePosted by: Jon | May 11, 2011 5:34:36 PM
@lifebeginsat30Posted by: jen maiser | May 11, 2011 10:54:26 AM
RSVP @mama_ksPosted by: kari erickson-valenzuela | May 10, 2011 4:17:56 PM
RSVP @Fawn_ToxicFreePosted by: Fawn Pattison | May 10, 2011 11:59:34 AM
I will be at the Twitter party! RSVP @sunymothrnaturePosted by: Kim Maurer | May 10, 2011 11:07:26 AM
@stateofjen. So glad you are doing this, wouldn't miss it for the world!Posted by: Jen | May 10, 2011 9:02:24 AM
@EcoBeautyCriticPosted by: Ashley Ferguson | May 9, 2011 10:34:16 PM
Full supporter to The Safe Cosmetics Act! I would like to RSVP @EcoBeautyCriticPosted by: Ashley Ferguson | May 9, 2011 10:22:56 PM
@erinelyPosted by: Erin Ely | May 9, 2011 10:11:10 PM
@lullabyorganicsPosted by: Erin Naumowicz | May 9, 2011 9:44:06 PM
@Laurel_StandleyPosted by: Laurel Standley | May 9, 2011 7:02:49 PM
@lullabyorganicsPosted by: Erin Naumowicz | May 9, 2011 5:58:32 PM
RSVPing for the Protecting our Families from Toxic Chemicals Twitter Party. I was just interviewed on Patricia Raskin Positive Living this mothers day about the same topic. Informed the listening audience about saferchemicals.org for more information and action in support of the Safe Chemical Act of 2011. Let's start a revolution!Posted by: Valerie Cookson-Botto | May 9, 2011 4:16:37 PM
@Neekyme RSVPPosted by: Renea | May 9, 2011 4:00:44 PM
@ChunkyMonkeyMDPosted by: Monica | May 9, 2011 3:50:24 PM